© Drill Ranch
Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic team!
PART-TIME ANIMAL CAREGIVER NEEDED
Caregivers are responsible for performing daily animal care tasks as well as cleaning/basic maintenance of related supplies and equipment. Expectations include basic knowledge of animal health and welfare, animal care practices, situational awareness, the ability to work well within a team or independently, and the ability to work in all types of weather, including extreme heat. This position is non-exempt/hourly, part-time, and will include early evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor the physical and emotional well-being of resident animals; report to senior staff/management in a timely manner all animal care/ behavior issues, as well as sanctuary facility, needs that arise.
· Learn the personalities, behaviors, and history of each animal at the sanctuary.
· Prepare and serve diets in accordance with guidelines.
· Clean inside enclosures, and outside habitats and regularly check aerial tunnels for debris and waste.
· Create and maintain records for resident animals and related work tasks.
· Actively participate in an enrichment program for resident animals, research and propose new ideas.
· Maintain and repair indoor and outdoor enclosures to ensure safe, functional conditions, including climbing structures, platforms, pools, ropes, and live plants.
· Perform general sanctuary facilities and grounds repair and maintenance.
· Participate in sanctuary functions and represent the animal care team positively to board members, donors, members, volunteers, and guests.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Education: High School Diploma. A college education is preferred.
· At least one (1) year of experience with animal caregiving.
· Capable of following all safety procedures, facility protocols, and detailed verbal and written instructions.
· Sustaining focus and safety while working as part of a team as well as individually.
· Possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
· Professional presentation and attitude.
Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of animal care standards and methods of care.
· Strong communication, time-management, and follow-up skills.
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated.
· Basic familiarity with office software.
· Exceptional situational awareness at all times while working around animals and ability to maintain focus while working independently.
Expected Work Conditions:
· Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions, on concrete floors and other hard surfaces, and may be performed in closed or cramped spaces.
· Will be exposed to dust and unpleasant odors and noises from animals, cleaning solutions, paint, and other chemicals.
· Will be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance, with occasional lifting of more than 50 pounds with assistance.
· Ability to climb and work from a 15' ladder, occasionally having to go higher than 15 feet.
· Extended periods of standing, walking, bending, and stooping.
· Must receive scheduled immunizations and have a current TB test